Friday, December 19, 2008

Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men (and women!)


I made these gluten-free gingerbread cookies extra cinnamony, I usually prefer cinnamon to ginger. :)

Not sure if you can tell from the picture, but they're actually minis. I only had tiny gingerbread cookie cutters, so I ended up with a little over 2 dozen men and women...and bears :). I left the bears naked, though. They aren't pictured because I didn't want to expose them on the internet :P. They didn't get the pink marzipan outfits. I decided to leave them in the nude, especially after discovering that the marzipan I used contains gluten...anyone have a gluten-free marzipan recipe?

Everything's covered in snow outside! Looks like I'm gonna have my first white Christmas this year! This winter storm hasn't passed over us completely, so it'll be nice to wake up to a winter wonderland in the morning.


I just took this picture...it's not very clear, but you can easily see the piles of snow!

Merry Christmas :)!

Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men

…a classic Christmas cookie with a gluten-free twist.

See Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men on Key Ingredient.

21 comments:

zebe912 said...

Marzipan is one of those things where gluten is totally unnecessary, and therefore it annoys me that you were surprised by it. The last time I bought some because I needed a large quantity, but here's two DIY versions, with no sign of gluten:
http://www.pastrywiz.com/season/marzipan.htm

Unknown said...

How adorable! You are lucky you have snow, we haven't really had anything yet.

Snooky doodle said...

these are so cute!! :)

tabitha said...

oh i wish it would snow here. ive never had a white christmas :( the gingerbread men are so cute

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

nice job :) gluten free seems to be the way to go lately!
have a great christmas

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

These are so darn cute!! I've been such a slacker -- haven't baked any gluten free cookies yet for Christmas. Your gingerbread cookies would be fun to make with my kiddos. Thanks for sharing :)

Lauren said...

"They aren't pictured because I didn't want to expose them on the internet :P."

Hahaha, too cute Sophie! Your gingerbread man and woman look adorable... and scrumptious. :D Good to know about storebought marzipan!

Leslie said...

Very darling! They look like they are going to the beach.

grace said...

extra cinnamon, eh? good call, sophie! :)
meanwhile, i'm loving your decorations, especially the little hats. :)

PG said...

what a wonderful recipe! I have been on a gluten free baking spree :), but so far for cookies it has meant meringues and the likes. have yet to try cookies. Today only I thought of gingerbread. prefect! will try to make them.

PG said...

I forgot to mention. My raw marzipan paste does not contain any wheat or flours as such, but inverted sugar is on the list of ingredients, apart from sugar, invertase and almonds. Is that what you mean?
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Those are the cutest! Pretty in pink too! Happy holidays to you!

Honeyed Hashette said...

These are PRECIOUS! So cute and I laughed out loud and your exposed bear comment! I wish you and your hubby and wonderful Christmastime!

Michele said...

So cute!!!

Nic said...

Aw, they are just lovely!
PS. Please send some of the white stuff my way!!

Y said...

Merry Christmas to you! I love how you dressed your gingerbread people. Too bad we can't see the naked bears.. hehe

Food For Tots said...

It is my first time seeing a gingerbread man with a lovely marzipan pink outfit. So adorable!! How nice to have a white Christmas!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Alexa said...

We are covered in snow as well... I don't think I have ever seen so much snow in my life.
Happy holidays!

Katie said...

They're so cute! I love the bright, festive colors. Happy Holidays :)

Emily said...

Merry Christmas to you!

The gingerbread men are SOOO cute!

breadchick said...

Hope you enjoyed your first white Christmas!