Monday, June 15, 2009

Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Pie


Peaches are in season and on sale!

They're ripe and sweet, so good on their own and even better in a gluten-free blueberry peach pie... especially if they're Texas peaches paired with Texas blueberries! The slight tartness of the peaches cooked in orange juice is a tasty match for the intense flavor of the blueberries that we picked a few weekends ago.

The "secret" to making a tasty peach blueberry pie? Cook the peaches for just a little bit but leave the blueberries alone; they will cook up nicely while the pie bakes and they'll still be juicy and plump afterward. No mushy blueberries here :)!

As far as the pie crust goes, it tastes like a cookie. I'm a sucker for sweet stuff, so I like making my crusts sweeter than traditional pie crusts. I also added one of my favorite baking ingredients... buttamilk! Love that stuff.

These pies may be mini, but they're flavor is big liiiike Teeexxxaaaas. :D

Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Pie

Not so big like Texas, but big on flavor :). Made ...

See Gluten Free Peach Blueberry Pie on Key Ingredient.

12 comments:

Amy Green said...

So you must be from Texas! I am, too, and yes those Texas peaches are delicious and juicy. Your pie looks wonderful. I'll have to try this soon. Also, I love the way your recipes are printable.

GF Gidget said...

Peaches and Blueberries are my absolute FAVORITE combination!!!!!! Seriously, I just sit there in the summer with a bowl of peach slices and blueberries... pure heaven! How do manage to make your pies look so perfect. My lattice tops end up looking like they were attacked my a T.O-ed Badger or something!

maybelle's mom said...

These are awesome lovely pies.

grace said...

oh, how lovely! i'm such a fan of the lattice topping--it's always beautiful (when done right...)! the filling looks and sounds spectacular too. bravo!

Deborah said...

Look how perfect that pie looks!

Emily said...

I feel like moving to Texas. I seriously do. Any culinary schools there?

I love peaches and blueberries together! What a great pie! I'm excited by it. Good tip about the peaches.

Mary Ann said...

This pie looks amazing! I love the combination of peaches and blueberries. Great job on the lattice top!

Cakespy said...

Sounds amazing. And clearly we are soul twins when it comes to the crust. :-)

Tiffany said...

The pie looks SO cute! Yum, love peaches and blueberries--alone or in a pie.

The Gluten-Free 'Dish' said...

Did you hear us when we saw your peach blueberry pie? Mmmm.....
That looks delish! :)

cakewardrobe said...

Your blog is gorgeous now! You've come such a long way!!! xoxo

Talita said...

Great pie! It's impressive what can we do without gluten!