Saturday, August 9, 2008

No bake Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies

Check out the flowers and herbs on my new patio! :)

I have been going all day! I woke up at 5:45 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I thought I'd prepare something...I can't say that I baked these cookies, though :). My initial plan was to submit them to Grace's Beat the Heat event, but I got so caught up in moving, flying, packing, and unpacking that I didn't realize the due date was fast approaching; it passed me by.

Since I'd already thought about making these cookies, I went ahead and made 'em. They don't require the use of anything electric, and they come together in one bowl, in just a few minutes! Flour/dairy free, these cookies remind me of the Fall, which is kind of funny considering I was originally planning on making something cool and refreshing for the summery event. But lately the weather's been odd here in Boston. Actually, maybe it isn't odd. I have no idea if it's usually this cool and rainy during August, but it's definitely new to me. I'm used to the unbearable Texas heat :P. Just last night I had to put on a sweater; it got down to 60 degrees! So all this rain mixed with nice days/cool evenings has me thinking about the Fall...it's just right around the corner, and I can't wait! I've heard that the New England area has beautiful Autumns; the leaves actually FALL and change color here?! Yep (again, we don't have much of that in Austin).

So here's a simple recipe for some no bake cookies. I would write more, but I'll be honest, I'm way too tired! After going to the farmers market, then taking 4 different subways into Boston, then seeing the Wharf, Quincy Market, and the yummy Italian bakeries in the North End, I'm pooped! I had a great time, though :). So I'll leave you with this recipe and a few fun photos of today's events!

(Oh, before I forget, I finally got that brand new oven/stove and it works beautifully! :)



No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Easy to make, fun to eat and prepare, this is ...

See No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies on Key Ingredient.

10 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, those cookies sound fabulous!!

So glad that your brand new oven/stove works!!

You deserve to rest after all the busyness!! Enjoy your weekend :0)

Anonymous said...

what a nifty recipe! I think I'll try these soon.

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Photo's are fantastic. I want to visit. It has rained here in the UK for the last 2 weeks almost - so I can sympathise!

Cookies sound great

Maggie said...

These sound great! I hate that so many no bake cookies have condensed milk. My son would have fun making these.

Anonymous said...

These cookies look great. I'll definitely be giving them a try-- very fall-ish indeed. Fall is so gorgeous in Boston! And, it has been oddly cool lately. I don't remember having my AC off so early in the past (in New York). Anyway, the summer coolness is perfect.

grace said...

happy to hear that you're the proud new owner of a decent oven! these yummy cookies would've been a terrific entry for my event, and since i haven't posted the roundup yest, i'm adding them in. :)

Elle said...

I love these, they look so good! So happy that you got your new oven, too! When i saw the post title I figured you hadn't gotten it yet.

Cakespy said...

Oh wow, do these look tasty! I have got to try these!

Y said...

Boston looks like an interesting place to live in :) And no-bake cookies? Fab! Just the kind of thing to have when you want a cookie but can't be bothered turning the oven on.

MrsB said...

These look so tasty, it sounds like you have had a really busy day! I went to Boson once and loved the market, I thought it was amazing and there was so much food to try!