Saturday, January 24, 2009

Granola Bars



I've been all over the place lately. Flying on airplanes, visiting far-away places, walking 3/4 of a mile in the snow to get to my sewing class, and I'm taking another small trip tomorrow! Life is exciting. Not much food blogging happening these days, but there's still plenty of eating, cooking, and baking going on.

These granola bars are what I need on a busy day. They're loaded with protein (and fiber!). They'll really get you going ;). Ha, well, maybe I shouldn't say that. I ate 4 without noticing any 'changes', but my husband says they're like an intestinal lubricant. Still, he loved 'em and came back for more!

If you're on a gluten-free diet, chances are getting fiber into your diet isn't easy, unless you're grazing on fruits and veggies all day (good for you, if you are!). White rice flour is in so many things! These are full of fiber, but don't taste like cardboard! AND they're cheaper than the gf bars they sell at the store! Hooray!

Gluten-Free Granola Bars

Full of fiber and protein!

See Gluten-Free Granola Bars on Key Ingredient.

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Scrumptious!!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, Those look tasty and so much healthier than the ones you buy at the grocery store! :)

Unknown said...

These would be a great after school snack! If I don't eat them before the kid gets home from school.

Snooky doodle said...

these look good and they would be perfect for breakfast on the go :)

Sweet Treats by Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Denneson said...

These look really good! I'll have to try them out!

Tracy said...

HI, Sophie! Sorry to be so slow visiting...I've been so busy with knitting and knitwear orders! But better late then never, eh? ;o) These granola bars are fantastic...I just love granola anything! Happy weekend ((HUGS)) Oh, if you get a chance stop by again this week--I'm having a fun giveaway! :o)

grace said...

mmm...fiber. fiber is good, but intestinal lubricants? that could be bad. :)

Lauren said...

These look so good, Sophie. :) Will definitely be giving them a try, using chopped dried apricots instead of the cranberries. Thanks for the great recipe!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

I'm adoring the little flecks of coconut! They look deliciously incredible. THANK YOU for the idea!

Emily said...

You have been busy! I was wondering where you were.

These granola bars look awesome.

La Bella Cooks said...

Sounds like you have been having a blast! I love granola bars and they are so easy to make. Yours look particularly tasty!

Y said...

Intestinal lubricant? Mmmm.. talk about an easy sell! ;P

Clumbsy Cookie said...

What a nice idea to add fiber to a gluten free diet! I also love homemade granola bars!

Marysol said...

"Intestinal lubricant." Hah!
Sophie, that's just the laugh I needed this morning.

And yet, despite DH's description, they do look absolutely delicious!

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

i love homemade granola bars... although mine arent nearly as involved or nutritious as yours, i still try lol

Bohemian Chef said...

These look awsome! Protein is good! I shall have to Tweek it a bit for my allergies but thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!

Lori said...

Those look really good. I think I want to make them for someone I know that ahs celiac disease. I think she would appreciate it. Thank you.

Sophie said...

HI Lori :)

Thanks for stopping by! Just as a warning, some folks with celiac disease can't tolerate oats, also just to be safe, it might be a good idea to get gluten free oats if you decide to make these :)!