Friday, May 15, 2009

Gluten-Free sticky apple carrot pudding cake with apricot cinnamon sauce


Not all that's gooey is good. For instance, you know those green bags that are supposed to prevent your produce from getting old too quickly? Well, like all things that claim to halt or slow-down the aging process, they do stop working after awhile.

Stick your hand into one of these bags when it contains half an onion that hasn't seen the outside of the veggie drawer for a few weeks and you will encounter the bad kind of gooey.

How about walking over an already mushed grape on the kitchen floor without socks on? Not good.

Gooey things that are good: sticky toffee pudding -- yum, my favorite dessert! How about caramel sauce? Yes, very good. Another thing to add to the list? This gluten-free sticky apple carrot pudding cake with apricot cinnamon sauce! A mouthful it is. I wasn't sure if cinnamon and apricots would mix, but oh how they do, especially in a powdered sugar based sauce. It offers a nice combo of tart and sweet cinnamony flavors.

This cake does kind of remind me of sticky toffee pudding, but fruity and spiced up. If carrot cake and sticky toffee pudding got married in the fall, they might have this pudding at their wedding :).

By the way, did anyone see Diners, Drive-ins and Dives tonight?! I have been craving that burger with poached pears, brie and pancetta on a toasted pretzel bun since I saw it on the show. I just might have to figure out a way to make it this weekend! :D

Sticky apple carrot pudding cake with apricot cinnamon sauce

Good.

See Sticky apple carrot pudding cake with apricot cinnamon sauce on Key Ingredient.

13 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh this pudding looks so good. I like this type of gooey not the others you mentioned though :)

Lauren said...

Oh wow, look at all that sweet goo! Another tantalizing photo. You had me at "if a carrot cake and sticky toffee pudding got married..." :D

Y said...

Gasp. That looks amazing! Just the good kind of gooey we all need :)

GF Gidget said...

umm... HELLO INSANELY YUMMY-LOOKING, CAKE-Y, GOOEY GOODNESS! Where do you come up with these things?!

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

ooey, gooey cake with a high mess factor - I'm in :)
looks delish!!!

Monica H said...

What beautiful offspring! This looks delightfuly gooey :-)

grace said...

bliss, thy name is pudding cake with cinnamon sauce. this is superb, sophie!

La Bella Cooks said...

Look at that wonderful gooey sauce. This looks amazing!

Mama Mia said...

gooey and sticky??? sign me up!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Oh wow! THIS is the kind of gooey I like! :) Looks fantastic!

Dana aka Gluten Free In Cleveland said...

Oh my goodness Sophie, that looks so good. Like SO GOOD.

I absloutely need to make this. You know, after I pick my jaw up from the floor and turn off my salivary glands ;)

gfe--gluten free easily said...

My word, that looks amazing! That's definitely in my baking future--thank you, Sophie!

Shirley

Hilary said...

What a fabulous idea. Sticky toffee pudding is one of my favourites, too - this is such a great twist.