Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gluten-Free Lemon Bites


Oh the weather outside is frightful, the pumpkin pie smells so delightful, and since we no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...lemon bites! I know the syllables threw the rhythm off, and I'm also one holiday ahead, but I'm finding it difficult to think straight with the sweet aroma of a freshly baked gluten-free pumpkin pie lingering in the air. I'm tempted to poke my finger into the spicy pumpkin filling! I bet you're all busy baking and cooking up your own holiday treats!

Here's another little drawing. There's a friendly squirrel who always comes by my porch because I leave him apples and carrots; he always leaves the celery behind though ;). I've noticed that he, along with his other squirrely friends in the neighborhood, put on a couple of extra ounces in preparation for the many cold days ahead! I have a feeling he'd be a big fan of carrot cake, considering he loves that crunchy orange vegetable so much.

Happy Thanksgiving :)!






Gluten-Free Soft Lemon Bites

Soft and lemony cookies

See Gluten-Free Soft Lemon Bites on Key Ingredient.

14 comments:

Y said...

Ooh I'd love to bite into a lemon bite! Your drawings are so gorgeous! And I love your Christmassy banner! Did you make that too?

Tell me, will you draw something for me some time? I'll pay you in food! :D

Y said...

Thanks :) Haven't decided what yet, but I'd love something drawn for my blog! Maybe you could do one or two illustrations for a future post or something.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

OOOOH, I want those bites - yum!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! Hooray for us gluten-free bakers :-)

zebe912 said...

Haha, does that squirrel have on a chef's hat. Very cute. I wish I had a neighborhood squirrel again.

Oh, and if you just remove the word "the" before pumpkin pie, the syllables work for the song :-)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

You have a new holiday look! Cool! Happy Thanksgiving Sophie! I'm sure your bites were delicious!

maybelle's mom said...

Happy thanksgiving (love the new holiday banner.) Hope you don't feel too far away from home today--though I am guessing you cooked up a great gluten free dinner.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love your little drawing! It's so cute!

Unknown said...

How cute! The lemon bites look delicious!

Rosie said...

Hi Sophie, just passing by, been a while since I visited. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Your lemon bites look delish and love your little drawings!

Rosie x

grace said...

i don't love the flavor of lemon, yet i find your cookies to be irresistible. and gluten-free? you continue to amaze. :)

Unknown said...

Lemon bites sound so delish! That actually is something I would love to make during Christmas.

Ever since my fiance proposed to me with a gorgeous diamond engagement ring from www.idonowidont.com, I want to give him something sweet on Christmas as a bride-to-be!

Hope your thanksgiving was awesome, and love that drawing!

Food For Tots said...

Luv your new layout and drawing. Simply marvellous!

Anonymous said...

oooh lemon bites. this is something that sounds absolutely perfect on my poor over burdened tummy.

i think with a nice glass of tea, yes, that would be perfect.

thank you for the recipe and inspiration. chewy lemon cookies are in my future.

Deborah said...

I love anything lemon, and these look delicious!