Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gluten-Free Biscuits and Chicken and Dumpling Stew


Like everyone else, I'm glued to the TV (watching CNN), so I'm going to make this short and sweet...or savory, I should say :). I know, it's another stew! I bet you're wondering if I eat anything other than stews and desserts :D. This cold weather has me craving hot food non-stop, it doesn't get old!

Gluten-free Biscuits

Deeelish and super easy to make :)

See Gluten-free Biscuits on Key Ingredient.



And if you're a long-time Flour Arrangements reader, you're probably not surprised to see biscuits. But This time, they're gluten-free! Big difference: more flours, a little bit of sugar, and the star ingredient: xanthan gum! The Gluten-Free Girl posted a tasty recipe for buttermilk biscuits that I wanted to make, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I had to improvise. (I ended up eating half of them in one night! :) The stew has dumplings, but I can't get enough carbs, so why not have chicken and dumplings AND gluten-free biscuits?! Sounds like a tasty combo to me. This isn't just any ol' chicken and dumplings meal either, I added veggies to the stew. I tried to make it as hearty and nutritious as possible.



I've been thinking about something, I'm going to change Flour Arrangements up a bit. Not really change it, more like spice it up. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to gluten-free recipe online; I can imagine how much harder it is to find recipes for other allergy=related diets. Purchasing specialty foods can get expensive, too, so that's why I've resorted to making almost everything from scratch. I know I'm not the only one. This is why I'd like to extend this invitation to you all: If there is a dessert/savory dish that you're craving, and you're on a special diet and can't find a recipe for it, I'll try to make up a recipe for you. I can't promise that I'll get it to you right away, but I'll do my best :). (Please just don't ask me to make basil cupcakes ;)!

...so much for a short and sweet post :P!

Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Stew

Tasty on a cold day :)

See Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Stew on Key Ingredient.

17 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ooooh, biscuits!!

Proud Italian Cook said...

I love the way your blog ois looking, love the print and save options. I'm jealous!! Your photos look terrific, and so does your chicken and dumplings!

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

YUM YUM

Snooky doodle said...

yummy the stew looks so goodddddd!! and the gluten free biscuits are ideal to snack on :)

Deborah said...

Ooooh, I've been craving chicken and dumplings!

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

You totally just took me back to my childhood!! My grandmom used to make chicken & dumplings and biscuits all the time. Wow, just realized I haven't had a biscuit in over three years. I will be making this recipe STAT!!

Cakespy said...

I just can't get past those amazing biscuits! They look delicious!

Vera said...

Perfect comfort meal, Sophie!

Manggy said...

You know, I should really be paying more attention to special diets myself. Thanks for this recipe-- they look so hearty and delicious! (Perfect with chicken indeed!)

grace said...

i love your rustic-looking biscuits, and i love your stew even more. chicken and dumplins is comfort food to the extreme. :)

Mary Ann said...

Yum- this does look perfect for a cold day and we have a really cold one! Delicious!

Food For Tots said...

I luv your hearty and nutritious stew! Great shots!

Michele said...

You're really doing well with all these gluten free recipes! I hope you're feeling better thanks to all your hard work!

Emily said...

What a comforting meal.

I'm crazy about biscuits!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

That looks sooooo delicious! I'm hungry! :D

PG said...

both look fantastic! yum yum yum!
wonderful recipes!

Unknown said...

I have been craving chicken and dumplings for months, but haven't gotten around to tackling the gluten free dumplings. THANK YOU! Now I can just whip this up and be full.