Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chocolate Bliss



C
ongratulations!
You've made it through the middle of the week! Celebrate! Bake yourself a chocolatey treat, you deserve it!

Funny, but Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. Why? Because I can look back at Monday and Tuesday and say to myself, "Hey, I've made it this far. I can do two more days. No problem! Just hand over the goods, the sweet treats, and I'm ready to go!". I'm not as grateful for Thursday, though; it doesn't give me the same sense of accomplishment. It's right smack dab in the middle of Wednesday and Friday.
Thursday is like the day before Thanksgiving, the kitchen smells like heaven but I'm stuck in foodie purgatory - where tasting is done with the nose and eyes, but never with the mouth. Know what I mean?! TORTURE!


French Silk Chocolate Pie Part II

Chocolatey and silky smooth, but still rich!

See French Silk Chocolate Pie Part II on Key Ingredient.



So let's celebrate Wednesday with these chocolatey desserts! Guess what? I've even included a 'light' recipe in this tiny collection of rich desserts! The Mondo Chocolate Muffins are quite huge; they're packed with chocolatey goodness...and applesauce, not butter! But, if you're having one of those days where Wednesday feels more like Thursday, then you'll definitely need some powerful ammo to get you through the rest of the week. The Chocolate Fudge or a French Silk Pie should do the trick!

Mondo Chocolate Muffins

Huge, moist, and chocolatey!

See Mondo Chocolate Muffins on Key Ingredient.



(Ok...so the French Silk Pie isn't that traditional; I converted the chocolate filling into a curd-like substance because I wanted to expose the eggs to some heat. I feel so uncomfortable serving folks raw eggs! EEK. I used the fudge recipe for a work-project; I basically followed it to the T - just divided it in half and threw in a few extra spices. As for the muffins, they're a Flour Arrangements original recipe .)

Fantasy Fudge

Rich and fudgey; for the chocolate lover!

See Fantasy Fudge on Key Ingredient.




10 comments:

Emily said...

Chocolate chocolate everywhere! I'm in love. This really is chocolate bliss.
I think everything looks so good...it's hard to pick a favorite. I think I like the pie.

Anonymous said...

That chocolate pie looks amazing! I can feel the silky goodness on my tongue right now... OK, that's inappropriate - sorry! ;)

Great shot too.

Anonymous said...

hooray for Wednesday and beautiful, tempting chocolate treats!
oh but wait: it's Thursday already. nooooooooooo!

grace said...

my wednesday would've been much improved if i had had any of those three chocolate delights. heck, even the best day of all glorious days would be improved by a mouthful of chocolate. :) it goes without saying, but your recipes are fabulous.

Sharon said...

Those mondo things are light? Thank you for this chocolate bliss post that's getting me through my Thursday. I have to say that today is my favorite day of the week...Friday is just so close

Lot-O-Choc said...

Hmmm I wouldnt know what one to choose, they all look so good!
I think the chocolate pie looks the nicest though, mmmm.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Hey Girl! I just printed that yummy fudge recipe. It sounds super easy and like a great way for me to use my candy thermometer for the 2nd time ever. Hee hee.

So glad to have your site to visit.
I love the little recipe cards. They are so user friendly.

Anonymous said...

Wickedly good.

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh! My mouth started watering the minute I saw the muffins... then I saw the pie and fudge - Heavenly! I rate this post fabulous! :)

Leslie said...

Oh wow..those nuffins look to die for!!! Thanks for stopping back by my blog! My meatloaf is soooo yummy..the bacon totally makes it!! Oh and it makes a mean meatloaf sandwich!!!!! Stop back by anytime! I love visitors!!